Be it men or women, young or old, everybody wants to have radiant, flawless skin. Healthy skin adds grace to one’s overall beauty and is a sign of good health.
With age, the skin loses its original elasticity and suppleness. Discoloration, fine lines, age spots, saggy skin and wrinkles begin to show, making your skin appear dull and lifeless.
There are many other causes of poor skin quality, such as pollution, improper skin care routine, exposure to the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, unhealthy diet, dehydration, stress, smoking, drinking too much alcohol and inadequate sleep. Moreover, health problems can take a toll on your skin’s health and quality.
Nevertheless, with some simple lifestyle changes and easy-to-follow home remedies you can revitalize and rejuvenate your skin to make it look more youthful. In fact, these measures can easily help keep your skin young and beautiful for much longer than you expect.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for skin rejuvenation.
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice helps rejuvenate skin by reducing age spots and other signs of aging. The vitamin C in lemon is a strong antioxidant that helps protect the skin from free radical damage. In addition, its bleaching properties help improve your overall skin complexion.
- Pour a few drops of honey on 1/2 of a lemon. Rub it gently on your face using upward strokes. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse your face. Do this once or twice a week.
- Alternatively, simply squeeze the juice from 1 lemon and apply it on the skin. Leave it on for about 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. Use this remedy once daily.
- Another option is to mix together 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice and egg white, along with ½ teaspoon of milk cream. Apply this paste on your face. Wait 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water. Repeat once or twice a week.
The high water content in cucumber is nourishing and hydrating for your skin. Its astringent and soothing properties benefit acne-prone and sunburned skin and help rejuvenate your skin. In addition, the antioxidant property in cucumber helps maintain clear, glowing and younger-looking skin.
- Mix together 2 teaspoons of grated cucumber and ½ cup of yogurt to make a face mask. Apply this on your face and neck. After 20 minutes, rinse it off with warm water. Use this face pack twice a week.
- Alternatively, mix equal amounts of grated cucumber and watermelon pulp. Add a few drops of lemon juice to it, then apply it on your face. Allow it to dry, then wash it off with lukewarm water. Use this face pack a few times a week.
Papaya is rich in vitamins A, C and E, and has antioxidant properties that help in rejuvenating skin. It helps keep the skin soft, smooth and moisturized. In addition, the alpha hydroxy acids in papaya help exfoliate the skin. It also is beneficial in treating acne, blemishes, dark spots and other similar problems.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of mashed ripe papaya, 1 tablespoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Apply this on your face. After 15 minutes, wash it off with warm water.
- Finally, splash some cold water on your face.
- Use this face mask once a week to enjoy beautiful skin.
Banana is excellent for rejuvenating your skin, especially dry skin, because of its moisturizing properties. It also helps fight wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging.
- Mash 1 small ripe banana. Add 2 tablespoons of milk cream, 1 tablespoon each of organic honey and oat flour, and a little water to make a paste. Apply this paste on your face, let it sit for 30 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, mash a medium-size banana and mix it with 2 teaspoons of organic honey and a few drops of olive oil. Apply it on your face and rinse it off after 20 minutes.
Follow either of these remedies once or twice a week to enjoy radiant skin.
Yogurt is extremely beneficial for your skin. The lactic acid present in yogurt works like a natural cleanser, exfoliating agent and moisturizer. It can help replenish the lost glow and radiance of your skin.
- Prepare a mixture with 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt and ½ teaspoon each of turmeric powder and gram flour. Apply this paste on your face and neck. Allow it to dry, then rinse it off with cool water. Use this face pack once or twice a week.
- Another option is to simply mix 2 teaspoons of organic honey in 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt. Apply it to your face, wait 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. Use this remedy a few times a week.
6. Orange Peel
Being rich in vitamin C, citric acid and other antioxidants, orange peels help reduce blemishes andmaintain healthy and younger-looking skin. The peels help cleanse, exfoliate and tighten the skin.
- Dry the peels from a few oranges under the sun for a few days.
- Grind the peels into a fine powder.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of orange peel powder, 2 teaspoons of gram flour and enough water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your hands, neck and face.
- Wait 15 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Use this face mask once or twice a week. Source