WE HAVE OVER 4,500 BLOG POSTS, PLEASE USE THE GOOGLE CUSTOM SEARCH BELOW TO SEARCH FOR WHATEVER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. ( e.g - Joel Osteen Devotional )

Tuesday, January 24

Death Obituary :Jordan Blackwell ,and Austin Edwards, Teen dies shielding cousin from gunfire

Jordan Blackwell, 18, and Austin Edwards, 11, were the two "juvenile" victims not yet identified by authorities in Cory Godbolt's alleged shooting spree.

Jordan Blackwell died a hero covering Austin's brother Caleb with his own body to protect him from the bullets. Full Story

People are paying tributes on social media.

Roland Price He's not ALLEGED, he said he killed them. Hell call it what it is, a damn murder that he confessed to you on TV live... that just 'kills' me when reporters say that... love you though 😊

Reply3 hrs
Therese Apel We have to say "alleged" so we don't get sued. Emotions are one thing, but we don't get to skip the court process, and people are sue happy these days. "Innocent until proven guilty."

2 hrs
Sharon Blair Lambert Brookhaven residents had known who the victims were. They were just waiting for respect to inform family members before going public with it. Yes, she may be doing her "job", but she is doing it with feelings and with dignity. Thank you, Teresa.

9 hrs
Belinda Rushing Jordan Blackwell (Hero) that gave up his life to protect someone else 😔 My heart just breaks for all the victims and the families that are left behind to try and sort out all this nonsense for a long time. Praying for peace and comfort 🙏🏻

11 hrs
Jennifer Jackson Whittier Heroes! Therese, thank you for your compassionate coverage of this horrific story. Your sympathetic approach gives our community information without being intrusive in the lives of those grieving family members and loved ones.

10 hrs
Kelly Crowder They had their whole lives ahead of them. There's no telling what all they would have accomplished in life and contributed to this world.

Praying, for all of these families and all who loved and cared for them. This is just earth shattering.

10 hrs
Jackie Ward Hermann Are you interfering with a criminal investigation hope he doesn't get off on technicalities because of this stuff please let the police do their jobs first just trying to make a name for yourself

9 hrs
Jr Bradford David I'm so freaking tired of grown ass people killing innocent kids !!!! I pray for these families can find some peace in this !! On god can do that with this much pain !

11 hrs
Rhonda Stringfellow Such sweet faces. These photos remind us of the innocence of these victims. Could be any of our children. One of mine did that same science project a few years back. So senseless that they met such an untimely departure from this earth. God provide peace, comfort and support to the families affected by this tragedy and to the people of Lincoln County Mississippi!

11 hrs
Denice White For all those who chose to blame God. He did not do this. He gave his only son so we could walk in his grace. These children were innocent. They are now at the right hand of God our father. If you want to lay blame by all means give credit where it is due. The devil did this. God just held those people in his hands until they reached them. He saved them for hell, here on earth.

11 hrs
Rachel Jordan Brady So so heartbreaking. Praying for the Momma and Daddy who lost their babies. Only someone possessed by a demon could do this, especially to innocent children.

11 hrs
Beverly Long This is so sad these babies did'nt deserve this evil man action. Now he did'nt get his wife back now he going to prison to maybe become some bodies wife. I'm lifting all families up in Prayer who lost love ones in this senseless killing Amen.

Reply6 hrs
Marion Watts This is the most horrible thing so close to us may the lord put his arms around everyone that has been affected by this senseless act I just cry every time I listen to these people describing the horror they went through an all I do is just pray for comfort this has truly affected our small cause community that we live in but God will heal the pain in time as long as we all turn to him for his comfort!🙏🙏🙏😢😢😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

Reply4 hrs
Phyllis Moore Wallace My heart hurts so badly for all these families. Our Ole Brook family is hurting. I taught one of the mother's of the young men and was a coworker with their grandmother, a sweet loving family. Please keep all touched by this in your prayers.

Reply10 hrs
Patti McAlexander Carlisle Thank you Therese Apel. I know it has been an emotional couple of weeks trying to report these terrible stories of loss of life!! Prayers for you as you do your job and prayers for all of the families who are going through the pain of losing the ones they love!

Reply4 hrs
Denice White Please let them know I am praying for them. God has never made a mistake. He has been there from the beginning and will be there in the end waiting for us with open arms. For these children are now free of fear, worry, and everything else this nasty world has to offer them. In Gods name I ask you to help these people find you and all your glory from this horrible crime.

11 hrs
Theresa Walker Lord have mercy. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. He will comfort and soothe your broken hearts, and release the pain like only he can. I Love you Lord. Please help the family.

2 hrs
Kendra Smith He is going to prison and we're is everyone else gone they can't be brought back because of a selfish S O B peace of trash what about officer​ durrs family they have just memorys of a brave man and dad

Reply6 hrs
Teresa Davidson This is so heart breaking, will be praying for all the victims families, I just can't imagine their pain,,this was so senseless. This young man died a true hero.

Reply11 hrs
Amanda Callihan Thames I think it's horrible that you gave the murderer a voice to "explain himself!!!! An interview should have never been posted when it was posted, so insensitive to the victims.

4 hrs
Jessica McLain My heart just goes out to this family!! I can't imagine the hurt and pain they all feel. I'm in prayer for everyone involved. Precious lives taken! 🙏🏼💔

9 hrs
Chrestine Cowans The families of these two young men have my condolences. My son, Montero played football with Jordan. Deeply saddened for Brookhaven

8 hrs
Cindy McGehee So sad praying for everyone . Pray for brookhaven I am proud to be apart of this town . No matter who you are we all pray and are heartbroken for these families .

Reply10 hrs
Carole Thompson Tiffany, know that you are loved and we all are lifting you and your family up in prayer. My heart is broken for each of you.

4 hrs
Patricia Posey Our hearts are hurting for your great loss. May God's love be with your family and cover you with precious memories and blessed assurance of being with your precious boys again one day.

Reply4 hrs
Amber Maldonado Vining So heartbreaking for this family, I can't imagine the fear these two boys had. Our Heavenly Father has them now and earth has no sorrow that heaven can't heal 💙💙

11 hrs
Donna Price So senseless! Prayers for all affected and for you Therese! Those of us with no ties to these families are angry and grieve along with them as well!💔

11 hrs
Sally C McKee Young men gone to soon and will be missed by friends and family. May they rest in heaven and be together day along with others that were taken way to soon 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Reply8 hrs
Jean Byars So sad too many killed including children. Prayers for all these families involved including the those in Blue investigating this crime.

Reply11 hrsEdited
Lonna Carwyle My child was in school with Austin at Lipsey my heart goes out to all these families! Our world is in such a mess! I pray that the families feel Gods embrace !

Reply10 hrs
Linda Caldwell My heart breaks for all the familys involved. My god give you all strength and comfort now and the days to come. God Bless You All 🙏🙏🙏

No comments: