This Ayurvedic recipe uses two wonderful spices – turmeric and black pepper – and combines them into a healthy and delicious drink that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Turmeric originates from India, where it’s been used for centuries in cooking, health care and as a beauty product (check this turmeric face mask). Its active ingredient is called curcumin. When curcumin is combined with black pepper, its bioavailability significantly increases (read more about it in my previous post on how to optimize turmeric absorption for super boosted benefits).
- It’s an antiseptic and an analgesic, so it helps with pain relief (find here more natural painkillers in your kitchen).
- It detoxes the liver and helps to purify the blood (find here more foods to cleanse your liver, and foods tocleanse your blood).
- It’s great for joint problems, such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It works well for different skin problems.
- It offers a general immunity boost and provides you with a good dose of antioxidants.
The following recipe is divided into two parts. First, we’ll look at how to make the turmeric paste. Then, we’ll use the paste to make the health-promoting golden milk.